Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Rocketron

So I have recently gotten into reading the news and can say that I have my list of media entities that I visit on a regular basis. The best part about online news is that it's not bulky, you don't have to worry about throwing it away in the trash (unless you saved it to your desktop) and people are not going to ask you to borrow it and not return it. Fantastic! What's also cool is listening to the news, but I'm talking about listening to it on the radio. I'm talking about listening to it from your mobile (handsfree) phone. Rocketron is a relatively new news provider which gives users the ability to dial a number and listen to the news. But not just any news. Whatever news item you are interested in. How cool is that? Very! I am tired of calling automated systems and having sit and listen to an entire news package to hear the sports at the end. Now with rocketron you simply dial the number, say what you want to hear and Voila! You have your mobile news! You have the ability to skip news items you're not interested in and repeating ones that have you on the edge of your seats by utilizing rocketron's voice system. Also, after a while rocketron learns what news items you listen to most and bundles news from those categories so that the next time you call in you dont have to listen to a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

No comments: