Monday, August 27, 2007

College


Today I started my fourth semester of college and man was I not ready to be back in school! I had very few college supplies, most of which I had from previous semesters. That is, old pens, pencils and notebooks that were already used. I have no food in my apartment, and little or no money. Yes, I know you've thought it, I' m living the true college experience. But thats not all, I had to sleep on my couch for two days because I didn't have any bed linen, pillows etc. Additionally, I had no soap, toothpaste, nor other toiletries. You might be thinking, thats not college life, thats caveman life. Or maybe, your'e thinking if thats college life, I've been in college since birth (For your sake I hope not). Whichever echelon you may belong to it you can agree that not living in the comfort you would like is the pits.

"I thought you said this blog was about random junk from across the web?"

Not to worry good sir/madam, as promised here is my junk of the day! [ With a college touch ;-) ]

Think about your favorite collegiate sport. Now, think about your favorite collegiate team from that sport. Next.. (I'm going somewhere with this) Think about your favorite collegiate mascot.

Let me take a guess... Was it:

Sammy the banana slug? Probably not. But here's the thing, Sammy the banana slug is in my opinion the head of a very elite group of mascots. What group is that?

Mascots who never made it

Serving alongside Sammy the banana slug (University of California Santa Cruz) on the board of directors are:
  • Super frog the horned frog (Texas Christian University)
  • The fighting pickle (North Carolina school of arts)
  • Artie the fighting artichoke (Scottsdale community college)
  • The Bollweevil (University of Arkansas, Monticello)
  • The fighting okra (Delta State University)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the fightin okra...:o...

zooms said...

i have to go with the fighting okra, i have some in the garden, truly the best and, I believe, the bravest of mascots.
No, I am in no way related to Miss teen USA.