Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Kanye West Parody

"Laaaaa laaaaa laaaaa laaaa... wait till I get my money right "is the opening line to the popular jingle by Kanye West entitled "Can't Tell Me Nothing".

I ran across this piece of junk while searching for "cant tell me nothing" on youtube. Initially I was grossly disappointed to say the very least, and also quite confused. However, the video becomes really humorous as it progresses. The maker of the video Zach Galifianakis gives his "special" interpretation of Kanye's newest hit single. Unlike other, low budget (LOL) youtube parody videos, Galifianakis appears to put much thought and sweat into the production of this masterpiece (really now..).

His country flavored (flavoured for the English) spin is some what refreshing and light as the topics ranted on in Kanye's poetic tirade are far from shallow. But I've said too much. Have a look for yourself.

Pay special attention to the tractor with "hydraulics" and the video girls on the hill doing riverdance!




8 comments:

zooms said...

Am unable to hear this video as T has disconnected my headphones in favour of his speaker box on the verander. This was as a direct result of the 'Munga Honorable' video that you posted and T has been enjoying playing at full volume with the speakers aimed at his nephew's house 50yds away who has a 1000 watt amp whatever set.
War has been declared. Looking forward to 'Gangster Gospel' when the church will be able to join in.
No chocolate cake as yet, can't find baking soda.

owen said...

hahahha, slightly funny, could have been done better

Anonymous said...

this video is dumb.. lol
that guy needed something to do

zooms said...

'Beaten' 50 Cent pulls out of Mobos

(Monday September 17, 2007 07:00 PM)
Rapper 50 Cent has pulled out of the Mobos and other European dates a day after he was beaten to the top of the chart by rival Kanye West.

The star had vowed to retire as a solo artist if West outsold him.

He was due to play the Mobos and the Vodafone Live Music Awards this Wednesday, followed by a performance for MTV in German on Friday.

But his spokesman told MTV News: "50 Cent is very sad to confirm that due to a last-minute, unforeseen and unanticipated change in his schedule, he will have to postpone his European promotion trip from September 18-25."

On Sunday West went straight in at number one in the album chart with his latest offering, Graduation.

50 Cent only managed second spot with his record, Curtis.

Both albums were released on the same day and the rapper - real name Curtis Jackson - vowed in an interview: "If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I'll no longer write music.

"I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out any more solo albums."

Oh dear.

Jamsprint said...

Lol... I was wondering how I didn't hear about that seeing that so many ppl are talking about how good kanye's album is.

zooms said...

Sorry to post this here but don't know where else to turn.
Any idea what 'violation" Gullyside committed?

Jamsprint said...

I'm really baffled by it. I got no warning, nothing whatsoever. I've been backed up in school work so I haven't contacted them, but i'm really mad about it.
They sighted some stuff in the terms of service but its all gibberish to me, and what I could understand I don't think applied to gullyside.

zooms said...

Can I have some more junk please?